Nick's Phone V1.0 Based on Oxygen and Built From Roalex Sources
First of all, big thanks to AdamG, _thalamus, Roalex, everyone at Cyanogen, ihlades and everyone else who helps the desire! (And others I've forgot!)
I wasn't going to build Android from source because I knew it would grip me and consume me but I couldn't help it! I've been building Oxygen and Roalex from source and have added in my own changes in to both. I've settled on Roalex because it has more patches and updates than I can be bothered to add in manually! (I don't use github, all my changes are done offline etc)
Anyway, the ROM is based on Roalex's source code for his Wip branch as of the beginning of August with:
Lockscreen calendar - with the next 3 appointments shown up to 1 week in advance
Lockscreen Music controls - appear when music is playing and screen is locked, ONLY WORK WITH STOCK GINGERBREAD MUSIC PLAYER! (for some reason). They do work with Winamp but it sometimes mixes up play / pause modes. Not sure why but I prefer the stock player as it's lightweight and themed with my own mods
Lockscreen Torch - long press the home button to enable the torch (I use this so much I had to have it!)
Swipe Away Last Notification and Close Notification Tab - Bit of a gimmick but I liked it!
Fix alarm snooze / dismiss unlocking the screen - Cyanogenmod has this but Oxygen didn't, so I added it. Basically when you dismiss your alarm it unlocks your screen! Which is annoying!
+ My own ICS based theme I've done. Please see screenshots.
All my changes are hard coded in and CANNOT be turned off. Sorry, I could add in the ability to turn them off but this is based on what I want and use so I didn't want the ability to turn them off because I don't want to!
I've also added my own Go Launcher ICS theme, Go Widgets Theme and my calendar ICS theme for Android Pro Widgets.
I've used Holo Launcher as the default launcher and have modified this also, with some graphical changes I prefer!
I've also added in a modified stopwatch & timer app themed by me.
720p HW Playback
Trackpad to wake (NOT to unlock)
SDCard buffer modified to 1024KB
I've decided not to add in any build.prop tweaks as I'm not convinced they do anything! Or do very little, so I've done none of those this time but anyone is welcome to add them in if you choose to.
As with all my ROMS, this is provided "as is" and no warranty is given or implied, so you can use at your own risk.
If anyone notices any bugs / issues then please let me know or post here!
MD5 is: 49B6386A12585A011CB568F06571AFAA
Download is here:
FULL WIPE IS RECOMMENDED!
APPS2SD Support / Enabling - Please see the quote below:
I would recommend a FULL WIPE before installing this ROM and to make it even better I would also recommend re-partitioning your SDCard with GParted and setting up a FAT32 partition followed by a 1024MB EXT4 partition. That way everything is starting from fresh and you will experience the full benefits of this ROM. I use CWM 188.8.131.52 and it sometimes causes my market downloads to fail if I full wipe my phone and I don't repartition using GParted.
The additions I've put in are as follows:
ICS theme with my own tweaks
GoLauncher EX ICS Theme (Go Launcher isn't on by default - not enough room for it! So download from the market after installing the ROM)
GoLauncher Notifications, Calendar, Bookmarks, Contacts and Note with my own ICS Go Widgets theme!
Stop Watch & Timer modified by me
ES File Explorer
720p hardware playback mod
1024KB buffer SDCard speed fix
+ some build.prop tweaks
If you want to change the boot animation you can follow any of the steps here on XDA that change the default Oxygen animation (modified by me) to a moving animation like CyanogenMod.
Please see the screenshots below to see what your phone could look like! Everything apart from the clock widget (Which is beautiful widgets using the roboto clear font - which I would recommend you buy from the market!) is included in this ROM!
If you follow the steps listed below (which is what I do) then your phone should look exactly like the screenshots! Obviously if you don't want it to look exactly like the screenshots then just change or don't modify the bits I mention below!
1. Install Go Launcher EX from the market.
2. Menu (Press) --> Themes (Select) --> Nicks ICS Theme (Select) --> Apply
3. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> Visual Settings (Select) --> Backgrounds (Select) --> App drawer background (Select then change to Transparent background)
4. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> Visual Settings (Select) --> Icons
(Select) --> Highlights colour (Select then Enter ff39b6e7)
5. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> Visual Settings (Select) --> Icons (Select) --> Icon size (select small)
6. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> Screen Settings (Select) --> Screen orientation (Select and change to vertical mode (I prefer this!))
7. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> App drawer settings (Select) --> App drawer scrolling orientation (select and change to horizontal page by page)
8. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> App drawer settings (Select) --> Untick App update info (I prefer this)
9. Menu (Press) --> Preferences (Select) --> App drawer settings (Select) --> Tick Show Home Key Only
10. Menu (Press) --> Scroll Right To Plugins --> Notification (Press) --> Select Unread text message and Missed call
11. Menu (Press) --> Settings (Select) --> Cyanogenmod settings (Select) --> Interface (Select) --> Notification power widget (Select) --> Tick the Hide indicator box
12. Menu (Press) --> Settings (Select) --> Cyanogenmod settings (Select) --> Interface (Select) -->Status bar tweaks (select) --> Tick compact carrier label
13. Menu (Press) --> Settings (Select) --> Cyanogenmod settings (Select) --> Lockscreen (Select) --> Style Options (Select) --> Tick Custom app starter and then add Phone, Camera and Messaging as custom apps.
14. Menu (Press) --> Settings (Select) --> Cyanogenmod settings (Select) --> Lockscreen (Select) --> Widget Options (Select) --> Tick lockscreen flashlight and Tick Display next calendar event and make the Calendar event lookahead 1 week.
15. Add the Note, Calendar, Contacts and Bookmarks Go Widgets to your homescreens while making sure you select Nicks Go ICS as the theme and don't leave it on default!
16. Turn On AdFree (And update hosts file)
17. Turn on DroidWall (And configure settings)
18. Enjoy your phone!
You can download the ROM from the following location:
Editado por marioneldo: 18 August 2012 - 11:19